The Nikkan Sports newspaper reported today that Arashi member Ninomiya Kazunari (27) and popular model Sasaki Nozomi (23) are in a serious relationship, though the story has not been confirmed by any official sources. (more…)
According to Japanese online music shop Shinseido, popular idol group Arashi will be releasing a new single and DVD this summer.
The new single is titled “Beautiful World” and is set to release on July 6th. The first press will come with a special booklet and an alternate jacket, and according to Shinseido, it will have seven songs, five of which are said to be solo songs. (more…)
The charity event “Marching J” by Johnny’s Entertainment was a complete success. About 389,000 people and almost all of the Johnny’s and Johnny’s Jr. artists have attended the event.
From April 1st to 3rd between 10am and 6pm the charity event “Marching J” organized by Johnny’s Entertainment was held at Yoyogi National Gymnasium to collect money for the areas affected by the earthquake/tsunami.
All Johnny’s and Johnny’s Jr. artists, except Jin Akanishi who sent a video message instead, showed up at the venue.
The number of participants constantly grew from day to day to a final of 389,000 people.
Here are some videos of “Marching J”, inclusive a short acapella version of KAT-TUN’s song Perfect. (more…)
It was just a mere try that Arashi will try to have three Guinness World Records through their 60 CMs for “Android au“.
January 31st, KDDI (Japanese telecommunications operator) announced that the records have been certified! The group made it through and won these titles:
- Most versions of CMs for the same product within 24 hours on terrestrial broadcasting
- Most versions of CMs for the same product within 8 hours on paid channel
- Most versions of CMs for the same product during a 30 minutes-long TV program
Congratulations to the storm of J-pop world! Truly this is a remarkable event in the Asian Music Industry.
The single ranking was released, following it was the annual Album Ranking. Guess who’s topped it? It’s none other than our long-running storm of Jpop industry, Arashi. They managed to top the chart with an outstanding 1,053,064 sales of their album Boku no Miteiru Fukei, following them is Ikimonogakari with 906,756 sales!.
Check out the complete list below:
<2010 Oricon Yearly Ranking TOP50 : Albums>
1. “Boku no Miteiru Fukei” – Arashi : (1,053,064)
2. “Ikimonobakari~members’ BEST selection~” – Ikimonogakari : (906,756)
3. “to LOVE” – Nishino Kana : (645,417)
4. “FUNKY MONKEY BABYS BEST” – FUNKY MONKEY BABYS : (613,603)
5. “SENSE” – Mr.Children : (597,212)
6. “PAST<FUTURE” – Amuro Namie : (574,525)
7. “BEST SELECTION 2010″ – Tohoshinki : (569,530)
8. “Hajimari no Uta” – Ikimonogakari : (560,931)
9. “THE BEST BANG!!” – Fukuyama Masaharu : (544,260)
10. “5years” – Kimura Kaela : (469,028)
11. “FANTSY” - EXILE : (466,701)
12. “Kamikyoku-tachi” – AKB48 : (441,328)
13. “Request” – JUJU : (423,230)
14. “THE FAME MONSTER” – LADY GAGA : (406,502)
15. “VOCALIST 4″ – Tokunaga Hideaki : (398,302)
16. “Aisubeki Mirai e” – EXILE : (394,191)
17. “ALL COVERS BEST” – Kobukuro : (386,706)
18. “BEST~third universe~ & 8th AL ‘UNIVERSE’ “ – Koda Kumi : (371,590)
19. “All the BEST! 1999-2009″ – Arashi : (342,743)
20. “Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION Vol.2″ - Utada Hikaru : (334,348)
21. “Rock’n’Roll Circus” – Hamasaki Ayumi : (318,454)
22. “HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN” – YUI : (307,564)
23. “Wildflower & Cover Songs: Complete Best ‘TRACK3′ “ – Superfly : (299,654)
24. “Ano…Konnan Dekimashita kedo.” – Yusuke : (285,592)
25. “We are SMAP!” – SMAP : (267,946)
26. “HEAVEN” – Kato Miliyah : (266,102)
27. “8UPPERS” – Kanjani 8 : (265,439)
28. “ONE PIECE MEMORIAL BEST” – Various Artists : (248,899)
29. “Love Songs~Mata Kimi ni Koi shiteru~” – Sakamoto Fuyumi : (214,365)
30. “Recital” – Hilcrhyme : (210,013)
31. “BABY” – aiko : (207,702)
32. “GOOD TIMES” – RIP SLYME : (191,229)
33. “JUMP NO.1″ – Hey!Say! JUMP : (187,621)
34. “LIVE” – NEWS : (185,204)
35. “NO MORE PAIN” - KAT-TUN : (182,563)
36. “Houkago Tea Time II” – Houkago Tea Time : (182,468)
37. “Imamade no A-men, B-men desuto!?” – GReeeeN : (181,889)
38. “Hadou” – Inaba Koshi : (177,984)
39. “TIME FLIES…1994-2009″ : oasis (177,120)
40. “Sports” – Tokyo Jihen : (176,780)
41. “THE REMIX” - LADY GAGA : (175,253)
42. “The…” – JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN : (174,980)
43. “Every Best Single~COMPLETE~” – Every Little Thing : (173,351)
44. “STAR” – Nakashima Mika : (168,230)
45. “Girl’s Talk” – KARA : (166,185)
46. “Ureshikutte Dakiauyo” – YUKI : (166,146)
47. “What’s flumpool!?” – flumpool : (159,324)
48. “BPM” – Domoto Koichi : (158,600)
49. “Togemaru” – Spitz : (152,647)
50. “A Thousand Suns” – Linkin Park : (149,569)
The year of 2010 for Jpop is about to end, and to give a scope of who sold the most for singles on this year, Oricon released their ‘Single Ranking’ Check it out!
<2010 Oricon Yearly ranking TOP 50 : Singles>
1. “Beginner” – AKB48 : (954,283)
2. “Heavy Rotation” – AKB48 (713,275)
3. “Troublemaker” - Arashi : (698,542)
4. “Monster” – Arashi : (696,022)
5. “Ponytail to Shushu” – AKB48 : (659,959)
6. “Hatenai Sora” – Arashi : (656,343)
7. “Løve Rainbow” – Arashi : (620,057)
8. “Chance no Junban” – AKB48 : (596,769)
9. “Dear Snow” – Arashi : (591,207)
10. “To be free” – Arashi : (516,142)
11. “Love yourself~Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki~” – KAT-TUN : (439,736)
12. “Sakura no Shiori” – AKB48 : (390,957)
13. “This is Love” – SMAP : (350,322)
14. “Mata Kimi ni Koi Shiteru/Asia no Kaizoku” – Sakamoto Fuyumi : (311,215)
15. “LIFE~Me no mae no Mukou e~” – Kanjani 8 : (305,478)
16. “BREAK OUT!” – Tohoshinki : (289,412)
17. “Going!” – KAT-TUN : (282,901)
18. “Wonderful World!!” – Kanjani 8 : (275,891)
19. “Hatsukoi” – Fukuyama Masaharu : (269,765)
20. “CHANGE UR WORLD” – KAT-TUN : (254,150)
21. “Hitomi no Screen” – Hey!Say! JUMP : (250,206)
22. “Hotaru/Shonen” - Fukuyama Masaharu : (239,768)
23. “I Wish For You” – EXILE : (236,456)
24. “Shamisen Tabigarasu” – Hikawa Kiyoshi : (236,218)
25. “Sakura Girl” – NEWS : (232,752)
26. “Toki wo Tomete” – Tohoshinki : (228,448)
27. “Motto Tsuyoku” – EXILE : (228,189)
28. “XIAH (Intoxication)” – XIAH junsu : (225,638)
29. “One in a million” – Yamashita Tomohisa : (204,561)
30. “Yukai Tsu-kai Kaibutsu-kun” – Kaibutsu-kun (Kaibutsu Taro) : (196,258)
31. “Family~Hitotsu ni naru koto~” – KinKi Kids : (179,927)
32. “Fighting Man” – NEWS : (173,206)
33. “Arigatou” – Ikimonogakari : (165,507)
34. “Onara Hazukashikunaiyo/Pirameki Taiso” – Hannya, Fruits Punch : (164,203)
35. “Nijiiro no Bayon” – Hikawa Kiyoshi : (160,683)
36. “HAPPY” – BUMP OF CHICKEN : (157,324)
37. “Maho no Ryouri ~Kimi kara Kimi e~” – BUMP OF CHICKEN : (152,501)
38. “My Soul, Your Beats!/Brave Song” – Lia, Tada Aoi : (147,479)
39. “GO!GO! MANIAC” – Houkago Tea Time : (147,355)
40. “Hontou wa Kowai Ai to Romance” – Kuwata Keisuke : (145,354)
41. “1!2!3!4! Yoroshiku!” – SKE48 : (144,973)
42. “Ryusei” – Kobukuro : (144,874)
43. “GIFT~Midori~(Yuki wo Kudasai/One day in winter/Snow White)” (Limited Edition) – Kanjani 8 : (136,508)
44. “GIFT~Shiro~(Fuyukoi/Kimi no Uta wo Utau)” (Limited Edition) – Kanjani 8 : (136,003)
45. “Okay” – Inaba Koshi : (134,381)
46. “GIFT~Aka~(I wish/Minus 100 do no Koi)” (Limited Edition) – Kanjani 8 : (133,978)
47. “NO, Thank You!” - Houkago Tea Time : (133,922)
48. “Kokoro no Hane” – Team Dragon from AKB48 : (130,957)
49. “Gee” – Shoujo Jidai : (130,145)
50. “Listen!!” – Houkago tea Time : (130,137)
There’s a rumor going around that Arashi’s Ninomiya Kazunari might be getting back together with his ex, Shiina Noriko. In the past, some very sexy photos of their time together were leaked to the press. The reason for this rumor is that just a few days ago, Shiina gave a very candid interview to a magazine. (more…)
Arashi will be releasing their 6th single for 2010, “Hatenai Sora” (Endless sky) on November 10th. The new single will also be used as a theme song for upcoming drama Freeter, ie wo kau (will start on October 19th) in which one of the members, Ninomiya Kazunari stars in. Hatenai Sora will come as 2 different versions, the track list is not yet fully revealed.
ORIGINAL POST: Tokyo Hive
Kazunari Ninomiya’s (27) movie “大奥 (Ohoku)” has been seen by more than a million people in Japan to date and has been getting numerous overseas offers, it was revealed at an event in Tokyo yesterday, reports CinemaCafe.net. (more…)
A new CM for KIRIN’s low-malt beer, Tanrei GREEN LABEL, stars three of Arashi’s members: Ohno Satoshi, Aiba Masaki, and Matsumoto Jun. The CM just started airing on September 25th in Japan, and in the commercial, all three members go fishing together.
Arashi fans are already well aware that Ohno Satoshi loves fishing, but the CM shows that the beer is delicious enough to get Ohno to choose drinking over fishing!
Check out the CM below! (more…)
Another release another week that they can’t go without getting an “early’ release XD
That’s right its Arashi with their newest single to be released this week titled Dear Snow, the single is their 33rd single and their 5th single out this year and with the immense popularity the group has will hit straight at no.1
The group has also released the pv for the single today so check out and a LINK after the cut (more…)
After being gone for a few weeks Music Station returned today with the pros taking over the stage from Kana Nishino performing her hit single IF, to Perfume bopping it out to their old hit Computer City, veteran group Spitz as well as rising star group flumpool, kanjani8, and even Arashi who will be releasing a new single, next week!!
Check out all their performances after the cut (more…)
It was revealed today that with the help of AKB48 & Arashi for the first time in over 5 years the amount of yen made from the music industry has exceeded 34,087,000,000 yen! (more…)
Arashi revealed Dear Snow, their 33th single (releasing on October 6th) and main theme of the Ohoku dorama, which leading role is Kazunari Ninomiya from Arashi. (more…)
More than 100 calls a day from fans wanting a copy of Arashi textbooks have been overwhelming office staff at the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, it was revealed yesterday, reports Daily Sports.
Sorry i don’t have time to create clips of the songs this time but anyhow this week’s album/single that wasn’t supposed to come out today is………Arashi’s Love Rainbow! Yep the popular J-pop group has done superbly well this year capturing so far both the no.1 album and no.1 single in Japan for the year AGAIN. This is their 34th single and their drumroll, 4th single this year and of course like all of their last few singles it is expected to hit no.1 on Oricon! Listening to the single myself its instant arashi style so i know fans WILL NOT be disappointed with this!!
Also check out the other awesome stuff featured in Download Saturday
ARASHI – LOVE RAINBOW
MY GIRLFRIEND IS A NINE TAILED FOX OST
BRAVE BROTHERS – VOL.1 THE CLASSIC
GUYZ – NEW STAGE
Johnny’s popular group Arashi’s Matsumoto Jun had his 27th birthday on August 30, members of arashi specially prepared a grand celebration party, which had matsujun touched to tears.
Under the suggestion of leader Ohno Satoshi, during last weekend members of Arashi specially rented an Italian restaurant in Azabu to celebrate Matsujun’s birthday. Although it falls on the 30th but due to the busy schedule of members it is difficult to gather together on that day thus they decided to bring forward the celebration. As according, the staff of Hitmitsu no Arashi-chan and Arashi ni Shiyagare participated in the preparation of this party. “to give matsumoto a surprise, everyone lied to him that they are coming to this eatery for the filming of Hitmitsu no Arashi-chan for location shooting” accordingly in normal circumstances staff does not help in the parties of artistes (as it is out of their work field) but this is “for the sake of arashi only”. Arashi not only became the most money-making idol group in a short time, their charm also mesmerised many in the entertainment industry.
The party started from midnight 00AM, members of Arashi each brought their sincerely prepared presents. “Recently Matsujun is into yakiniku (Korean barbecue) and hot springs”, members thus use this as a guide to start their “detailed investigation”. Ohno Satoshi and Ninomiya Kazunari had chosen hot spring lodging vouchers, while Aiba Masaki and Sakurai Sho selected vouchers of “10 times free eating of yakiniku”.
The corner of the last part of the party is, other than Matsujun, the other 4 members shot a VTR video together, consisting of their pictures pieced together from their debut till date. 4 of them even specially added their own narration and music alongside the video. After watching the video matsujun can no longer hold on and said with strong emotions, “it’s happiness to be a member of Arashi”, while flowing with tears of tenderness.
The friendship and teamwork between members of Arashi is one of their selling point, this time during Matsujun’s birthday it once again reflects the thick relationship ties between them. Other members not only sent their carefully prepared presents, but also the shooting of this super “tear bomb” video had let the usual manly Matsujun touched to tears. It can be assuredly said that this is the secret of the popularity of Arashi.
ahw~ aint that sweet…
Source: geinou-7days and flashylicious
Today a netizen a posted a letter they recevied a letter from CD JAPAN regarding any future releases on Arashi which pretty is the perfect example of just how crazy Arashi has become in the J-pop industry, the letter stated the following
I’m sending you this email because you are subscribed to Arashi New Release Mail.
Yesterday, we sent you an email about “Dear Snow” the new single from Arashi, and I would like to let you know how we processed the information this time.
We would like inform people about it on our website and then by New Release Mail.
However, with the past few Arashi releases, CDJapan website always went down temporarily, because our server was overwhelmed each time as so many people worldwide as well as in Japan rushed over to CDJapan and our Japanese website in order to preorder the Limited Edition.
Upgrading the server could not meaningfully improve the situation, because it was just too overwhelming.
In order to effectively prevent our website from going down, we needed to think of priorities in how we are to inform people about the new Arashi release.
So, what we did yesterday was to send the New Release Mail before we informed people about the release in any other way, including our website.
Our decision is based on our wish and desire to recognize and treat customers who are subscribed first.
I know that this might not seem fair for people who are not subscribed, but the purpose was to make our website withstand the preorder so that at least people are not inconvenienced by our website going down.
Also, you might have experienced confusion when you visited the page from the link we included in the New Release Mail yesterday, as there was no way to get to the page other than from that link.
By the way, there are greater number of people subscribed than the number of the Limited Edition that the record company is able to provide.
So, you may continue to have the same difficulties trying to preorder Limited Editions from Arashi, but I hope that you will find the situation somewhat better from now on.
—Please note that Arashi is the only artist that we would handle this way—
Yes people things have gotten this BAD for anyone who wants to buy anything Arashi releated
At his surprise birthday party Jun Matsumoto (26) vowed he would not lose again in Arashi’s second Mannequin Five public vote, reports Sports Hochi and Daily Sports.
While filming this week’s “ひみつの嵐ちゃん！ (Himitsu no Arashichan!)”, the show’s staff threw the star a party for his 27th birthday coming up on August 30.
It has been reported that during a break from filming, the “happy birthday” song tune started playing through the studio’s speakers.
A bewildered Matsujun mouthed an “eh?” as a birthday cake was brought out.
The popstar was in smiles as he said he hoped to keep performing into his 30s.
“Since my birthday last year at the National Stadium [concert] the year has gone by so quickly.
“I want to work hard with everything and go into my thirties feeling happy,” he said.
Matsujun also said he would not lose again in the second Mannequin Five public vote competition.
“(While selecting my outfit) I kept in mind that I wasn’t going to come last this time,” he said.
During the first Mannequin Five public vote in April, Matsujun was crowned worst dressed and as a punishment photos of him in his outfit were plastered onto a truck that was later driven around Tokyo.
“Everyone seemed to have seen the truck because I kept getting photos of it sent to my phone,” he said.
To see whether Matsujun will be able to get out of the bottom, look forward to this week’s Himitsu no Arashichan which airs in Japan on August 26.
It will be the 101st episode of the show, the longest running show Arashi has currently, with more than 40,000 public votes counted for the Mannequin Five special.
Arashi have come out first in a poll to decide which celebrity people would want to go on a summer holiday with, reports Mainichi Shinbum Digital.
A Nippon Seimei poll asked more than 5800 people early this month to choose their holiday partner. Some of the reasons people chose Arashi included: “They have a relaxing nature about them even in the summer”, and “they look like people you could have fun with”.
Talent Becky came out second in the poll, and topped the women’s celebrity list. Reasons included: “She looks like she’d know a lot of cute shops and places to eat”, and “she’d make the holiday so many times more fun”.
Third place was awarded to pop group AKB48 because “they have a lot of energy”, and “I’m a big fan so going on holiday with them would make me really happy”.
The top ten list is as follows:
4. Masaharu Fukuyama
5. Yui Aragaki
6. Aya Ueto
7. Shun Oguri
8. Nozomi Sasaki
9. Keiko Kitagawa
10. Osamu Mukai
Today was a good day for Kara as they were able to hit it up at no. 9 on Music Station’s singles rankings as the girls have been hitting it off real nicely on Oricon making Top 10 all week! In the meantime idol group Perfume have pulled it off nicely with their new single sliding into No.2 so far. Veteran group Tokio have also pulled it off nicely with their 43rd single NaNaNa hitting Top 5. And finally it seems that this week’s Oricon champion will be none other than chart topping veteran artist Fukuyama Masaharu who has easily swiped the no.1 spot on Oricon.
Today’s performances included Perfume popping out their auto tune with Voice, Funky Monkey Babys with their hit Ato Hitotsu, Arashi with Movin On & Troublemaker, TOKIO with their new single Nanana, SMAP with This Is Love, and finally Fukuyama Masaharu with Hotaru.
Arashi Annihilates The Competition On Oricon Album Charts, Officially Has The No.1 Album Of The Year
Last week it was no surprise to many just what madness Arashi would unleash into the streets of Japan with their new album, but sure enough they did and on Oricon Weekly Album Charts it is no surprise that they smashed everyone else in sales.
Arashi latest album Boku no Miteiru Fukke debuted at a whopping 730,851 in sales! Not only did that put them as no.1 on the World Charts for the week but it also crowned them once again as J-pop Kings with having the no.1 album in Japan this year.
Coming in at no.2 on the charts was RIP SLYME with their best of album Good Times which coming behind arashi was only able to sell 86,951! Next up was Kato Miliyah Kato Miliyah still charting strong at no.3 with HEAVEN, Okuda Tamio opened strong at no.3 with his live album OTRL, Finally at no.5 was reggae group Shonen no Kaze with their 4th album Shonannokaze ~JOKER~
Congrats Arashi i guess you’ll make Japan proud again by appearing on the 2010 Top 30 Best Selling Albums Of The World!!!!
After breaking headlines with their new album Boku no miteiru fukei fans will be exited to know that after only 4 days Arashi has already sold over 623,000 copies becoming the best selling Japanese album of the year !!! beating the now former no.1 best selling album Namie Amuro’s PAST＜FUTURE which sold 571,000. Though they didn’t sell as much as their record breaking hit All the BEST! 1999-2009 from last year its great to see the boys are still a phenomenon in the j-pop world with their impressive sales for everything they do!